Our clients are mainly companies, Administrations and public-sector entities as well as individuals, Compensation Boards and other collaborating entities.
The Urban Development Department provides advice on general urban planning and derivative matters (general plans, partial plans, and special plans), urban management tools (land subdivision and urbanization projects), building and business activities permits, town planning discipline (restoration orders, penalties) as well as on environmental matters.
We have extensive experience in defending clients in administrative, judicial or administrative appeals in connection with urban planning and environmental issues.
Among many other specific aspects, we have provided advice to our clients on the following:
· The preparation, drafting and processing of instruments for urban planning and management.
· The preparation, negotiation and execution of planning agreements, both planning and management.
· The incorporation and operation of Compensation Boards and other collaborating entities.
· Expropriations for urban development and compensations arising from urban development.
· The application for and processing of planning permissions and special authorizations for the execution of projects on rural land, provisional use and other special licences.
· Defence in all types of administrative cases related to urban planning (such as demolition cases, cessation of business activities, legalization of works and activities, disciplinary procedures), as well as in cases involving environmental issues.
· Administrative, judicial or contentious-administrative appeals related to urban planning and the environment.
· Enforcement of administrative decisions or sentences in planning matters.
· Drafting of reports and opinions.